View Single Post
Old 03-19-10, 01:56 PM   #609
Turm
Engineer

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Some more little things to report:

1) LOD model probably needs adjusting on lighthouses. Here are two shots. The second is taken a few metres further forwards than the first, to illustrate how the lighthouse 'pops into view'. Really, shouldn't it be possible to see it from further away? It's a lighthouse! It's meant to be seen! (If you use the binoculars it can be seen from far away)

2) During a crash dive, it is impossible to go through the forward hatch of the command room. Due to the angle of the boat, the camera doesn't 'drop' low enough to allow you to pass through. You can't get through until the boat starts to level out.

If you try it, you'll get stuck here:

3) "Unknown" contact type with zero speed, despite the description and mouse tooltip indicating that it's a merchant.

4) Internal conning tower graphics showing through the exterior conning tower when the external camera is higher than the hatch on the bridge.

Disappears if external camera is lower than the hatch, as the internal graphics are then not rendered.

Reported in other threads. Doubt it can be changed:

5) Anybody else see random blobs or clouds of smoke appearing at times? Only happens when other ships are nearby, either in port or close to a convoy, for example.

I have a funnel smoke mod installed (to correct the fault of smoke not appearing at distance). It may be related to that.

Lots of examples:

Lots of little 'blobs' in the distance. I think it tends to occurs after changing cameras (internal to external, periscope to first-person etc.)

And here's a huge wall of smoke that sometimes appears near harbours. If I move the camera around or rotate the view, it disappears, but comes back again if I move to certain places.

Again, could be mod-related. Wondered if anybody else has it...?

6) I'm sorry to bring up grammar again, but the crew conversations seem to be mostly devoid of apostrophes!!! It makes the text terrible to read in places. Did nobody check it?

In one block of text, some are missing (red) and some are present (blue)... ?

Practically every sentence has a missing apostrophe.

Still enjoying the game overall, despite the troubles
Turm is offline   Reply With Quote