View Single Post
Old 08-26-05, 11:27 AM   #95
Amizaur
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have demo torpedo doctrine, it's public from few months, and the good news is that I designed it from the start to be as easily adaptable for other torpedos as possible :P . To make it reflect parameters of other torpedos, all you have to do is set 5 or 6 parameters - two speeds (for ADCAP 40 and 55kts), ranges at that speed (for ADCAP you would set 21 and 27nm) and a parameter of speed reduction with depth (speed at max depth). The rest (speed/range curve and speed reduction with depth) would be calculated by doctrine :-).
So basically you take my ADCAP doctrine, instert into it UGST parameters (50kts, 35kts, 27nm, 16nm, speed reduction (to be determined yet) and you have ready to use UGST doctrine :-).

P.S. There are few more parameters to set, I forgot about length of guidance wire and torpedo max (fail) depth, but all this takes maybe 5 minutes to make one complete torpedo doctrine. I have not done this myself yet because I planned to further expand this doctrine and add new features, but it's fully functional and very well tested (much better than SS-N-27 stuff) right now.
Amizaur is offline   Reply With Quote