View Single Post
Old 03-03-10, 09:14 AM   #40
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkuth74 View Post
Like to tell the devs something... When its not broke don't fix it. Auto TDC worked fine in the last 2 games. Why did you go and make this boehamouth carppy new system for.

Alright I played around with it a little a figured it out. You have to basically play connect the freaking dots with AUTO TDC. In this case connect the numbers.

Don't use TDC ON. Bad for auto...
1. Set your torpedo speed for it reaches the ship numbers on the Tac Map. Matters how close you are.

Now line up the closes two numbers to each other and push the stupid fire button.

Connect the dots. You have about a 75% chance of hitting it at this point.

Good luck.

What a crappy system.. My god nothing wrong with the old way,,, It made us feel special... Like we could do it, when we could not. This dot system is a freaking joke.

Now I have to learn manual.. Because Now it makes me feel to stupid... LOL.

Auto connect the dots they should call it. What a disgrace.
there also seems to be a problem with the fix in 1.01 to auot targeting, namely:

1. w. manual TDC + map updates "off" + TDC off + locked TGT:

-you get no info on the track of your TGT, but the firing solution (yellow line) is aiming at where your TGT is going. On 100% realism, the firing solution w. TDC off should point straight down the sight bearing (i.e. where your scope is aiming)

example:

2. w. manual TDC + map updates "on" + TDC off + locked TGT:

-the situation is reversed. You get info on the track of your TGT, but the firing solution (yellow line) is aiming straight down the sight bearing (i.e. where your scope is aiming) and not where the ship moving to.

example:

in this shot, I have locked on to a ship in the view of my scope (the light blue cone). You see the ship and its predicted track, but the predicted path of my torpedo (yellow line) now aims correctly straight down the view bearing (i.e. down the light blue cone);

the fix has been reversed, on 100% realism, w. manual TDC + map updates off + TDC off, you should not see the ship or its predicted path and the torpedo should shoot straight down the bearing (i.e. light blue cone).

until this is fixed, the game is only playable with manual TDC + TDC on.

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 03-03-10 at 09:32 AM.
Bilge_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote