View Single Post
Old 02-24-10, 07:07 PM   #10
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
See where it says 'Index' in the right hand panel? The 'index' of the 3D Object node has to be lower than the 'parent' node that references it.

In the screenshot above, the parent node 'Node - Japan_FLG' has a 6: in front of it. The 3D Object below it, which that node is referencing has an index of 3, and the sub controller 4 and 5. You have to move the 3D objet so that it has a higher index, by either typing in the index number directly into the index box, or clicking the 'move index up/down' buttons.
3 is lower than 6.

There must be something else wrong. Can you have an index of 0? I think you can, but I am not positive.

@conus00,
Did you use this example or try a different one? Nisgeis is absolutely right (he usually is) the 3D model MUST have a lower index than the "parent node" and that is what the error is telling you.

I will test this to see if maybe when it gets imported it will change the numbers, so maybe the import is the problem, it's been a long time since I imported a .dat file.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 02-24-10 at 07:20 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote