View Single Post
Old 02-15-10, 12:26 PM   #9
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadcatcher101 View Post
I really thank you for your time and advice.

I think I will just go with a new card, the type you suggested. I'll get in touch with Newegg and see what they offer. The housing for the fan will get so heated it is not possible to hold your finger on it. I guess this is from friction from the dry bearing. All that heat can't be doing my card any good.

Just the other day I was on SH 4 and my whole computer just shut down. It's never done that before. Loaded it again, same thing. Tried SH 3, same thing.

Looks like I need a new card anyway.
well if you can swing it a really good card would be the best way to go rather then looking for an affordable one, especially if your going to be buying any new games in the future.

this would be my suggestion: SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100283VXL Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102868

video cards get really really hot so its the GPU core putting out all that heat and the fan just isnt moving enough air to keep it cool. its possible the GPU gets hotter then your CPU (i think it does) but im no expert.