View Single Post
Old 02-12-10, 10:48 AM   #10
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
Remember to flip the torpedo speed setting twice. Don't save the game when ships are nearby. DO save the game at every other opportunity. Don't leave an officer in the repair team when you dock. Don't use the crew management shortcuts. Remember to put an officer on watch every time you surface. Remember to TC until the stormy weather changes before you save and quit, so as to avoid the stuck weather bug. Remember not to press the depth guage until your crash dive has levelled off. Remember to make sure you manually fire on your first deck/flak gun target, after which you may safely use the "fire at will" command. Remember that when you save the game in port it doesn't save your torpedo loadout. Mod the "days in base" to zero, and mod the "days to apply an emblem" to 14, and remember to apply an emblem twice before going on patrol, thereby increasing the date by 28 days and avoiding the bug that messes up the date and, by extension, messes up your torpedo loadout as well. And that's just off the top of my head. I've not played for a few months and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

The point is that a lot of small bugs do add up to one big headache.
Very well put. This is why I bitched about the number of lookouts on the bridge Neal. It is just one of those many many small details that contribute to a much bigger headache later.

My point is if the little things, like these, can be prevented with the smallest of effort by the Devs then why dont they just do it from the start? I mean really? It is not that hard to look up facts!
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote