Thread: Cheese-waffles
View Single Post
Old 02-05-10, 06:48 PM   #15
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Oh, and one other thing I noticed.

Task Force, you might want to look at your bombing, I noticed in our last dogfights that you were dropping fine but the bombs were bouncing along the ground for about fifty meters or so before exploding. Skip bombing I think it's called when its done deliberately and at sea, however you were missing your target of the parked planes. You might want to drop at a lower speed or at a steeper angle. Skip bombing is fine if you're going to hit a building or a wall (I think that's what they did to hit the outer walls during Operation Jericho) however for something like a plane or tank it won't work unless the bomb makes direct impact with the target. I probably do it myself without realising it, in fact I didn't even know IL2 modeled such things until I saw it during the replay! I think the fuses also matter, perhaps lowering the time delay on them depending on what target you're going to hit, perhaps a steep dive attack with a zero fuse might work better, just not a low altitude level attack with a zero fuse like the one I pulled with my first airborne F-86!

Peace!
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote