View Single Post
Old 02-04-10, 04:16 AM   #859
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
I don't think anyone would doubt that a nuclear model for AIP is acceptable for low speed. But some questions arise, like how long should a Type 212 be able to sprint (either to assume an attack position on a convoy, clear datum, or achieve a time sensitive objective)? I'm not sure anyone has the answer.
So what do you gain by replacing the nuclear interface by the diesel one ?
In either case you wont know how long a Type 212 is able to sprint.

Quote:
What if the TA sensor could be linked to another button on another screen? Perhaps the snorkle mast on the diseal interface or in floating wire on the radio interface? It would take deep digging into the engine me thinks. One could also make an perpetually deployed TA by giving the subs flank arrays TA performance.
If that were possibile it would have been atempted I think.
Maybe so for the flank arrays, but then we would find ourselves with modern subs that use an arcaic ssaz (and that is not at all used in western navies, and has been also phased out in russian boats).
Waterfall display + towed array means we have to use the nuclear interface.

Edit : in the end, this whole battery thing is irrelvant in multiplayer since missions last only a few hours.
And if you're designing a single player mission or single player campaign well you can always rely on the player to act responsabile (for instace not going continuosly at 20 knots and so on) unless he wants to play an arcade style game.
But then you have to wonder what the hell he's playing DW for in the first place.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote