View Single Post
Old 02-03-10, 07:26 PM   #857
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
Actually... if the battery life was extended to very long levels it would be a good model for AIP. As it is right now the RA AIP model is really just a nuke reactor with a 20 kt speed limit. Would it be possible to keep the Diseal/battery model, but use a ultra long range batter to simulate hydrogen power. It would take some hacking of the code though I think.

Actually [as we all know] AIP would be able to stay submerged much longer than a couple days at slow speeds. It would be able to stay submerged for weeks!(more than 2 weeks). And

I'm aware of the reason they didn't include the battery just as Goldorak said. I have no objection that there's no battery in AIP subs as long as they are AIP subs. Of course would be even better to have real battery on AIP subs as well one that would last say 3-4 weeks(though I suspect some of these AIP boats may be able to stay submerged for much longer like 8-12 weeks) on 5 knots or so even when the players would never exhaust the battery at all in game hence never needing to recharge.

However in my opinion the conventional electric sub is very handicapped with the very poor battery which I realize was made that way by Sonalysts due to gameplay reasons but with a more realistic battery on the conventional subs then the Kilo and such would be able to maneuver some more in each scenarios even transiting to objective submerged.

Well just my 2 cents anyway.