View Single Post
Old 12-29-09, 10:15 AM   #293
fireblade918gr
Watch

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

JScones, I installed SH3 Commander and deeply appreciate what you have given us.

I have a question regarding medals, qualifications and promotions. I read this thread, the manual and searched the forums so I apologize if I've missed a relevant response somewhere.

Before I installed Commander, I, of course, would give the aforementioned through the stock game's personnel files. I see that crew management in Commander has an Auto Fix button which seems more realistic.

What does Commander's crew management offer that is different, other than this?

Are promotions calculated and offered differently?

Can we award the aforementioned after eg. Patrol 9 through Commander (close game after returning to base, reload, give awards, start next patrol) and then award the aforementioned after Patrol 10 from the stock game's menu? In short, can we give future awards using both ways or do you have to stick with one way once you've begun it? I realize using the old method would yet again cause subsequent "Auto Fix" issues; I'm just trying to understand if it would totally screw up something in the case that old habits die hard and I went and inadvertently awarded stuff thru the stock game.

Most importantly, what do other Kaptains do? Do you all award the aforementioned thru Commander? I've keep a notepad updated with ranks, medals and qualifications up until now so I can be on top of who needs to be promoted/awarded after subsequent patrols and so I can have a good and realistic balance of the above. I don't want to totally mess up crew qualifications by using one method, switching to the other and then not be able to continue in a realistic way.

Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere and I haven't found it.
fireblade918gr is offline   Reply With Quote