View Single Post
Old 12-09-09, 06:39 AM   #247
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

All right peeps, second patch is up. Download link in the first post. These are only a few image files so the patch can be applied during patrols. Features:
- deleted the extra 'r' in StadensehroRhr
- made the periscope marks HIGH REZ. The old ones were made starting from 1024/768 and were scaling up, also scaling up the rounding errors. The new ones start from 1920x1200 and scale down. Their accuracy is 100% perfect, with no rounding errors whatsoever and they can be used as reference to check the masts and lengths with total confidence.

I recommend changing the Binoculars to have an Angular Angle of 72 and zoom level of 10. This will maintain a smooth mouse control and make about 130 meter FOV at 1000 meters, as a true 7x50 navy binocular has.
Also, I recommend changing the Data\Cfg\commands.cfg file (either the SH4 one or the SH3 one, whichever you use) to have the following code. It will make the torpedo open/closed switches update instantly and free up the W key. The "Open/Close selected torpedo tube" still work as unkeyed commands, in case you have special buttons in the orders bar.

[Cmd308]
Name=Open_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1

[Cmd309]
;Name=Close_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1

[Cmd310]
Name=Open_sel_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1

[Cmd311]
Name=Close_sel_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0x57,,"W"

[Cmd312]
Name=Toggle_open_close_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x51,,"Q"

Note about masts and lengths recalculation: what I recommend is making a custom mission with 4 static ships surrounding the submerged sub, all at 90 degree port AOB and all at 1000 meters away from the boat. Use high zoom to check mast and Low zoom to check the length. Having fixed periscopes and 0 speed wind will help a lot too. Using 16:10 resolutions would also be better.

The new KSMF ships seem to have their height value linked to the Funnel, not the masts. Probably a lesson learned from SCAF or RFB.
For example, the K-KM-KF-KM Merchant has a MAST of 30 meters (NOT 22.5) and a length of 140m (NOT 150). The funnels might be a better place to calculate the height anyway. Precision is not paramount at this level because the player can't place the AOBF precisely anyway since the Marks circle has few values. So errors of .5m for masts and 2-3m for length are not a problem. I also recommend indicating on each ship image which mast should be used as reference.

Last edited by karamazovnew; 12-09-09 at 06:57 AM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote