View Single Post
Old 12-05-09, 02:17 PM   #3113
JackAubrey
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Thanks Tarnish,

it seems i am having more problems with the game than i thought. Or maybe my mind is failing me.

The Story so far:

I preordered SH4, played for months after release and hat quite some fun with it. Then, due to RL issues and a shift of interest, i deinstalled it.

Now, as i regained interest in Uboat-Sims again, i reinstalled SH4 and also the U-Boat Missions Add-On i bought from a Garage Sale for a mere Euro.

The Add-On gives me an Installation error, as it says that it can't read 3 or 4 .dds files. If i ignore the error, it finishes the installation.

As i understand it, the DDS Files represent Textures or Graphical Stuff, so they should not mess up the Game Mechanics.

Now, what happens is, besides the sinking mechanics "phenomenon" of RFB, that i hardly hit anything at all with my torps. The Ships that are hit seem to be hit out of pure luck.
When i try the Tutorial Mission, where you have to sink the Mogami coming from the West, i never hit the darn thing with any solution i punched in.
If i thumb it and fire away when i think it's right, i get about 2 out of 4 torps into the ship.

If i try it the way it's described in the Videos and Threads regarding Manual Targeting, i am out of Luck.

Example:

There is one Mission where you have to sneak into a harbor and sink the Yamato.
I manage to get into position and have the Yamato in the scope at about 350°. I identify the Yamato, get the range and set the AOB to about 90° and the Speed to Zero. Everytime "sending" to the TDC.
When i fire, the torps leave the ship and run straight on. No turning to Yamato.

What i will try is, i will deinstall SH4 completely and reinstall it, patching it to 1.4 and see, if my problem persists without any mod.

Aubrey
-- -.-- / .... --- ...- . .-. -.-. .-. .- ..-. - / .. ... / ..-. ..- .-.. .-.. / --- ..-. / . . .-.. ...