View Single Post
Old 12-02-09, 09:21 AM   #1
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Default Help! Manual targeting with german IX2d ?

Hello,
while i got used t the TDC of stock (1.4) SH4 and even 1.5 with US subs, i wonder how to hit ANYTHING with the german IXD boat.

Its's been a while that i played SH3, and i then used Onelifecrisis' manual targeting, so i have completely forgotten how to do this in the original game - or in SH4, with a german boat.

Angle on the bow - take it the boat symbol is the target and i adjust the outer "ring" to set ownship angle? - ok.
Distance - once checked with recognition manual - ok.

BUT: Speed ?? I am used to go so near that 1 or 2 knots deviation don't bother me, but i cannot adjust it at all.

So, 2 questions:

When i click on "speed" there appears that eye, and an angle with two ships at the upper ends. Ho do i measure that speed ? I need to know what to do exactly - where do i click at exactly, to start the measuring process (at the eye - at one of the ships ? do'nt i need the stop watch ?? what ???), and how do i stop again to take the measured speed ?

Supposed i guess the speed, and want to enter it manually: Being at the torpedo screen I click on the manual entering button right of the speed dial, and am now able to set a certain speed manually - now how do i send it to the german TDC ? Have i again to click at the button so am not longer able to adjust anything, or let i the light burn, to use this setting ?

Because when i'm back at the periscope the speed still reads "0", regardless what i did, and the torpedo misses everytime, even at distances of less than 600 meters !

Seems i'm dumb as a brick

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote