View Single Post
Old 11-20-09, 09:50 AM   #145
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

I know that a red filter blocks red light, but here filters are simple semi-transparent images that give a hue while reducing contrast. There are 3 images of this sort in my mod:
- an image that controls how dark the image becomes at the edges of the scope (easy to mod by increasing contrast of the alpha map)
- an image that gives an overall tint to the image (my red filter). It's veeery subtle.
- a filter that becomes green at night and black during the day. It's not night vision but it allows superb visibility of the horizon at night.
Ofc you can change anything you like, the color or the transparency as you wish. The marks are also on a separate image so you'll be able to change them as you wish.

There's no point in posting more pics, if I don't slack today, I'll post the final version later tonight.

By the way I have an important question.

Can I change the ClassName values in the Names.cfg file? Does it affect anything else than the text item next to the "Ship:" button on the solution page? It displays the type of unidentified ships and it's annoying. I want to keep that item for when you identify ships, then I'll move the "Ship" button under it (invisible ofc) so you can press the name of the ship and have the recog manual move to that page. This might sound as cheating but in OM it's impossible NOT to use the auto identification. There are just too many ships.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote