View Single Post
Old 11-09-09, 09:33 PM   #18
kgsuarez
Planesman

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

I'm not that much of a knucklehead... I wouldn't attempt to run MS-DOS software on a Linux machine...

I figured out what the problem was soon after my last post. I'm running on less than the necessary amount of coffee today, so I am a bit slow.

The Expansion Pack available in the downloads section is set up in a manner that, as it is, only works if you follow the instructions perfectly. And who can really complain about that?

The instructions basically have you make a floppy disk with the necessary files for updating your AotD installation, and then run the installer out of the floppy disk. Now, I have no floppy drive (who does?) so I had to find a different way of doing this all, because the installer will only work if it is being run from the A: drive. I am assuming that by making some simple changes to the .BAT file I could trick the installer into running out of the directory that I unzipped it to. But I found it much easier to simply mount a directory as A: in DOSBox, and then follow the instructions. It works now. And I have both updates installed.
kgsuarez is offline   Reply With Quote