View Single Post
Old 10-10-09, 02:45 AM   #845
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Worked!

Hans... great mod... really great mod. Just finished my first patrol. Got 57k before got killed... decided to fight head to head against an airplane, and in the second drop, the bastard managed to hit me right in the face. And I mean, IN THE FACE! I was looking at my crewman firing the AA gun and then I saw him dropping the bombs, I saw the bombs coming exactly mid direction, I thought about "right full rudder", but I had not even time to say "oh crap", and one of the bombs actually hitted MY FACE! ... I was throwed down violently to the control room (fell thru the tower stairs) and saw everything vertical for some seconds, dark too... then the image started recovering slowly... awesome!

Got really nothing to complain here, Hans, except for the sound. The vast majority of sounds is chopped off, the sounds stop abruptly. And they are also unleveled on volume. Some are very high, some I can beraly hear. The sounds itself are great, but they need some editing, badly. Its really an immersion killer to hear someone screaming and the voice gets chopped off before the end of it, and a LOT of sounds are like this. I played using very good headsets, so I could notice a lot.

The ships are a little too much out of water, bouncing up and down too much, they look light as a feather... you need heavier ships.

The destroyers stay quietly on the surface when they lose you, waiting for you to return... I never saw this before, really awesome. I could detect only one of them thru hydro, but when I got up to look, there were three... stopped dead on the water, and as soon as I torpedoes a dead ship to finish it off, they came right at me. Very very good.

The ports are incredible... really, wordless...

This was the first time I played with LRT, and I must say, I really like it... The flooding times are a little out of order (takes forever to flood) but the rest is very good. The torpedo loading times are a little weird, tho... 13 minutes to load a fish, with the maximum crew avaliable... even a torpedo officer. Dunno about historical accuracy at all, but Im used to 7-8 minutes. The deckgun has only 80 HE? I readed in books that some uboats managed to carry over 400 shells... I think the standard was around 200-250, not sure... but why only 80?

Also, whats wrong with the uboat buoyancy? Keeps sinking down very fast. I was taking care of some stuff for 5 minutes and it sinked from 13 meters to 117 and I had no flooding. Happened during all mission. IX-B.

The overall is very good, Hans! Really got me impressed!