View Single Post
Old 10-03-09, 04:04 AM   #44
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default post 39 Hitman

Post 39 was too much for me.

I just tried the Sub School tutorial re firing torpedoes. The target was so close to the firing point a the beginning of the tutorial that I did do not have much time to set up. Own Ship was at course of 180 I think. Target course was 102.5 at 9 knots. I plugged the data into the wheel, rotated it 180 degrees and got the AoB. The SS saver said the firing angle was 349.5 degrees. When I rotated the dials on the wheel to 349.5, it indicated that it was a perpendicular firing angle. Next,I aimed the periscope at 349.5 degrees and hit the "=" key. I do not know how fast the ship turns, but I quickly fired four 46 kt. torpedoes at the target which was already starting to cross the firing wire. Two torpedoes exploded on the way to the target. The other two hit it amidships. This was not a perfect test, as the target was too close to the firing point that there is little time to set up far enough in advance to be sure the wheel works, but at least I hit the target.

I have a Dick O'Kane practice video and I will use it to set up shot and various angles to test the wheel. It looks promising and I am beginning to figure out gutted's Readme, which he might want to modify so it can be more easily followed. I am pretty sure the wheel, and will be a heck of a mod, up their with Nicolas' Easy AoB, which, along with your tutorial, really helped advance the game. I have knocked off three ships in an attack with Nicolas' mod, but with this, I might start getting four.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 10-03-09 at 04:41 AM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote