View Single Post
Old 10-03-09, 12:04 AM   #35
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
.... then you rotated the all the dials 180 degrees, so the target and the view of it, changed from port to starboard. The target is on the same heading, but everything has rotated 180 degrees. If you gave an explanation of the reason for the rotation I did not understand it. Am I supposed to do that? Why did you do it? What is the purpose? Can you explain it in more detail ? .
because as i stated in the video.. that red vertical line overlayed over the dials (from the middle of the target dial to the bottom of the display) is the "Periscope Line". It is the direction you are looking.

Once you set your course, you rotate the whole thing (right click + drag) so that you are under that line. Putting 000 on the outer dial under the red line is like looking out the front of your boat.

If it's that confusing i guess i'll change it so that the blue arrow on the outer dial starts at the bottom instead of the top.

So if you prefer... put the blue arrow at the bottom.. then rotate the middle dial instead to set your course. I prefer my way, as it's more natural to have everything start in true polar coordinates.. and it's easier to see the blue arrow moving around than it is to read course numbers as you spin the middle dial. but that's just me. Also, before you re-orient the display.. its a snap to set the target's course.. because you dont have to hunt for the new locations on the middle dial (because it hasn't moved yet).
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote