View Single Post
Old 09-21-09, 10:20 AM   #104
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
AI Wolfpacks are .... well, they don't know yet if they will be in the game, if they will be very minimal, like AOD. I hope they are able to include AI wolfpacks, I think it would be a big letdown not to have "shadow convoy" objectives, where you must stay in contact with a convoy, not get too close so you are driven under and you lose the convoy; not too far away that you lose the convoy in the night; not attack until the other U-boats are in position (breaking that order and you lose command). This would add a lot of gameplay to the SH series and I believe it must be included.
I agree wholeheartedly. We've been screaming about Wolfpacks since SH3. If we got a fully modeled interior of the sub (which, while I'm sure looks pretty cool, adds absolutely nothing to gameplay) and no wolfpacks (which would add tremendously to gameplay)...I think that would be a huge oversight and a very severe case of misplaced priorities. SH4 made the mistake of placing eye candy over gameplay (heck, you can even take it a step further to say it made the mistake of placing eye candy over having a working game) and I'd hate to see the same mistake repeated with SH5.

It's so integral to the Battle of the Atlantic that not having wolfpacks in a U-boat game is like not having a Type VII submarine in the game.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote