Old 09-18-09, 06:57 AM   #7
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
i thank you and applaud you for wanting to start over

looking at not only what you say but also the way you are saying it, can prevent many missunderstandings. sarcastic humor to some could be percieved as rude and insulting to others.

i think members were put off by your frequent posts (85 posts in just 4 weeks is a lot) without giving you the benefit of the doubt that you might just be a new member who is very exited and enthusiastic about the game and i will assume that thats all it was.

new members will start off posting frequently sometimes and then they quickly slow down and only post when they really have something to say.

in your case i think members felt (right or wrong) that you werent showing any signs that you were slowing down so they labeled you as a troll for frequent posting without purpose.

posting an attack post directed at another member is NOT the way to deal with the situation and you should know that that never solves anything and will only make things worse and get "you" into trouble for doing it.

i will assume you are a younger member who is used to the way other game forums are and how people act there so with this in mind i will make this next comment.

many game forums have a large amount of younger members and abusive language and seeing people with attitudes and making rude comments towards others are usually the norm at those sites but here at subsim this is a completely different type of forum for adults to have adult conversations and discussions so rudeness is not normal here and is very much discuraged.

please keep in mind that most members here are mature adults so they ask for and expect a certain amount of respect in conversations and if there are any personal dissagreements they are usually talked out in private PM's and not on the public forum.

if we dont agree with someones comments then we discuss it and if it cant be resolved then in most cases we agree to dissagree and let it go so the modderators do not have to get involved in it.
Nicely said

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote