View Single Post
Old 09-12-09, 02:44 PM   #268
trojanfoe
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanfoe View Post
Hi all, I am having problem with the SH4 + U-boat missions in that it sometimes stutters then returns to the desktop for 30 secs and then returns to the game. The error message in the Windows Event Log indicates a driver error (not at the system right now, so cannot quote directly).

When I first installed SH4 I was getting this consistently within the Museum, particularly when I zoomed-in and strafed around the largest British warship. I followed the OPs suggestion and used the program he described to set-up the global nvidia settings and it went away. I have now started a mission and I am getting it periodically, so I guess this did not solve it completely.

My system: Windows 7 x64 (RC1 - build 7100), Dual Core E8400 (3Ghz), nVidia 9800 GTX, 6GB PC6400 RAM. No overclocking anywhere. Latest nVidia drivers from Windows Update (190.xx - .20 I think, maybe .02)

Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,
Andy
I have now installed Windows 7 RTM (build 7600) and the latest nVidia drivers from www.nvidia.com (non-beta 190.62) and the problem persists. I am testing using the Museum and the only improvement is that the stuttering takes longer to kick-in and most times doesn't result in a temporary return to the desktop.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Cheers,
Andy