View Single Post
Old 09-05-09, 02:48 PM   #58
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Bloody Fw-190s...

First mission I took an A-20 and headed out to the bombing run, couldn't see jack at the co-ordinates I was given (except an allied airfield getting pasted by god knows what) so I flew over to the airfield near St Vith I'd spotted last mission whilst watching Schroeder flying back to Germany in his 262, came in to bomb that and got headshotted by the AAA.

Second mission they actually gave us some decent planes, although it was a clipped wing Spit However, Hunter defected to join Task Force in Fw-190s...

ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT

Not long after take-off I made the decision to ditch the bombs and climb, climb, climb, figuring that the 190s would use boom and zoom tactics and so the higher I was the harder it would be for them to use that on me. Schroeder declared war on TrackIR and lost, crashing and leaving Spud to complete the mission and return to base successfully. Meanwhile I toodled around at 6000-7000m trying to spot the inevitable 190 attack before it hit me.
Then, suddenly! A plane! On my six! I went into evasive maneuvers (read stalling) and managed to shake him, but then he was back again, so I evaded (stalled) again, and on about the third evasion I noticed that his wings were rather elliptical....

D'OH!

I was evading another Spitfire...

Hunter went down, and so I waited for Task Force to come and get me...and waited...and waited....and waited, eventually Task Force was shot down, and Hunter reminded me that I'm not in a U2 spyplane, and my name is not James May...

I dived, and rather than make everyone watch me fly back to base for twenty minutes, I did the RAF a favour and wrote off a clipped wing Spit by Allah Ackbaring it into a convoy of German trucks.

Next time, give us PROPER Spitfires!!
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote