View Single Post
Old 09-02-09, 01:47 PM   #3
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
Editing the missions for compatability is going above and beyond anything I've ever seen a modder do ! Usually it's just. "Here's the mod. Such and such isn't compatable. Good luck with that." Editing things to make them compatable can be quite a task and I'm really greatful that you're willing to go that extra mile. Your work is appreciated !
Thanks. I don't really think it's that big of a deal, it's just a few fields that need to be changed. It's a small bit of effort I can make to try to make this right. One way or another, the error is probably my fault so it's my responsibility to deal with. Luftwolf takes reverse compatibility seriously and I don't want to tarnish his legacy with a noob mistake.

Quote:
Perhaps you could collect the "fixed" missions into a single zip file that can be downloaded and put into DW with JGME along with the new LWAMI, overwriting what's already in the scenario folder. Then just update that zipped folder as new "fixed" missions become ready. Or maybe set up a "Mega-Missions Pack" or something like that.
That's a pretty good idea, putting all the corrections in a single pack. I don't want to overwrite the old ones though--people may still want to play the same missions with stock DW.