View Single Post
Old 09-02-09, 12:43 PM   #24
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Looks very promising and well-thought, sonar_PL!

Every new mod is far from perfect, when it's intitially released, even when you have a whole team of developers working on it. Look how many years it took the Grey Wolves to perfect GWX!

Considering sonar_PL has done this one on his own, it's already shaping up to be good work. Polishing away the rough edges will just take a little longer, but not quite so long as it would if everyone is willing to help when he needs it. The guy has single-handedly built this mod. That's worthy of respect just for the dedication it took to get this far!

It's the modders, from the most renowned to the most obscure, with work great or small, that keeps SH3 fresh and thriving well past its expected lifespan. Even if an idea seems stupid or has been done before, you never know where it might lead because every modder is a unique individual with their own way of looking at things.

As a famous example, GWX wouldn't have existed if Lehmann hadn't said to himself, "I can do this differently and possibly better." His own skills at the time were not as refined as they are now but he didn't give up and never took "No" for an answer or let others discourage him. There probably were those fans of RuB and NYGM who didn't appreciate his efforts.

As for "U-Boats: Total War", I'm looking forward to a download link so I can load it up and experience sonar_PL's vision. It just might be the next big thing.

Keep at it and stay strong, sonar_PL! You never know where this path might take you in the future.

Last edited by Graf Paper; 09-02-09 at 12:44 PM. Reason: I type with two fingers and make mistkaes. lol
Graf Paper is offline   Reply With Quote