View Single Post
Old 08-26-09, 12:09 AM   #2321
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

I just thought I'd drop in and show you guys some of the wacky stuff I fly around.
Note, I am playing full realism, with crashes unchecked. I know when I crash, which is very rarely, but sometimes things happen, so I exit out when I do.

Gee Bee Z "Sportster"
Yup, the notorious Gee Bee, the only plane Doolittle was scared to fly
very torquey and nose-heavy, take-offs have to be done with no flaps, and full right rudder, else you will soon find yourself out in the grass!

Dornier DO-X
The famous 12-engined flying boat. Trust me, it takes all 12 to get this thing off the water. the turn you see in the screenie was accomplished after about 10 seconds hard on the stick, no letting up on the turn. It's a TANK in flight, but wonderful on the water taxiing

And my pride and joy,
the Aerosoft
Hughes H-1
I am simply obsessed with this plane. Its pretty, it flies nice. But don't let it fool you, it is downright mean. The first 10-15 minutes of your flight is solely looking at the panel, changing your mixtures, prop pitches, and making sure you keep your throttle under the red-line in the Manifold pressure. This is a pic of the cockpit, it's very utilitarian. I like that. You can see that I'm running Okey-dokey, by looking at the three gauges to the right of the stick, Manifold pressure is okay, oil temp is in the green, and carburetor temp is well under 4 there, and that's good, a fine plane, well worth the money!

And taxied to the parking space after a 1.5 hour flight from chicago to my hometown VFR. Note the size of the wings. fast flight

What have you flown today?
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote