View Single Post
Old 08-13-09, 10:52 AM   #17
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 302
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huliganul18 View Post
When you put de 4 baring lines and whait for sonar to tell you the bearing (angle) after you copy the angle of his course.... there must be the target ?

on my first try my target is a little more long range than that point
I don't completely understand what step in the procedure you are asking about.

- You first ask 3 bearings,

- From that you make the drawing for the target course. (just the direction of it, because you cannot know where he is yet, so you draw it at any range)

-Extend the line of the target course into the future. You predict where he will be a time interval after the 3rd bearing. And draw a 4th (imaginary) bearingline through it from the listening position.

- Right after that you move away quickly from where you were listening. surfaced. Either parallel course to the target (if he has passed you allready), or perpendicular to the last real bearing line (3rd, if you are still infront of him).

- When the interval between the 3rd bearing line and 4th imaginary line is about to pass you dive to do a hydrophone check. From your new position you draw the real 4th bearingline.

-The target is at the intersection of the imaginary 4th and real 4th bearing line.

I hope that makes it clear for you. Could you make a small drawing or screenshot if it wasn't?