View Single Post
Old 07-20-05, 06:29 AM   #25
Shadow9216
Frogman

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

Well, I can't figure out what I did wrong. I used the dat convert tool to look at all the codes for the Liberator, made a nice spread sheet, then changed the hex codes. Next I did a find and replace using 010 editor, changing all the codes from the old value to my new value. I looked for recurrences of code strings from the dat file in the sim, dsd, and zon files, changing those. Finally I copied the Liberator.tga in tlowres and changed the name to my new file.

Loaded the game, loaded museum, it gets halfway across and freezes. Previously, I got the museum to load and work until I clicked on my clone, when it would crash; now it won't even load.

I think I'm on the right track, but it's hanging up somewhere. Here's my questions:

1) Do I need to change the name from Liberator to Privateer (my clone) in the dat file? Where it says Liberator_small_wing for example, does that need to become Privateer_small_wing?

2) Do I change the chunk id in the zon/sim/dsd, or just those id strings common to the dat file?

3) Does it matter how much of the string I change, or what I change it to? If the string is E3 65 A1 B0 DD 67 00 C5, does F4 56 A2 B0 DD 67 00 C4 work, or do I need to change more/less?

4) For files that change only one character, should I keep the change the same across the board? Using my above example, if 5 files differed merely by one character (in the same position), should I use my changed string, modifying that one character, for each?
Shadow9216 is offline   Reply With Quote