View Single Post
Old 07-22-09, 02:11 PM   #114
Geno_Mariner
Weps

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPotato View Post
@Geno_Mariner... I do have cochlear implant too. I got it at age 16 and I still have the hard time of what people saying through mic. It make me think they sound like robots.
I get that problem too but I usually try my best to listen. Had a nice short time chatting to Oberon when I first got my mike. How often do you use the mike? I find that if I just try chatting to people with it on a casual basis, I learn how it sounds then I can be chatting away after I get used to the voice.

Age 16? Were you born deaf or went deaf? I hope ya got the "Freedom" processor, it works brilliantly. I picked up low sounds like fizzing drinks in a cup that I couldn't pick up with my previous processor. Certainly an improvement for talking over phones/mikes too. However I'm having Dry Cell/Non-rechargable battery drain problems Cochlear centre said since I'm 100% deaf, the earlier implant won't be able to give me enough power. Might have to go thru operation again to upgrade *sarcastically* Oh joy. (a friend of mine had menigitis, so the skull thickening with her cochlear implant was problematic and she had to go thru again)

@ TF: ah thanks for the link, I was planning to get a boxed version. That way if this computer decides to hate me and not work, I can easily DL it onto another, lol