View Single Post
Old 07-20-09, 05:24 PM   #5
feld
Loader

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Bullethead,

GREAT SCOTT! I love you guys!!!

This may be the first ever documented instance of a game designer actually choosing simulation fidelity of graphical excellence! I salute you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
Note that the effects of smoke last a lot longer and cover a much larger area than the smoke graphics do. This is because if we made the smoke graphics linger as long as smoke does in real life, it would quickly bring computers to a stop.
While I very much respect that design choice...it's presents a bit of a problem. The real Togo knew where the smoke was all he had to do was look around from MIKASA's foretop to figure it out. It'd be nice if the player did too...perhaps you could put a graphical representation on the minimap only? Akin to the gun range overlays...I'll put in a suggestion on the server.

BTW, recommend you guys document stuff like that in your appendices, informational brochure, and website feature lists. Reason I say that is that I read the manual cover to cover and gave your website a very thorough going over and still had many questions about the fidelity of your models. The rare sort of bird who would really love this game might not buy it (I almost didn't) because all of the wonderful things under the hood are ...well...under the hood.

Just my $2

V/R
feld
feld is offline   Reply With Quote