View Single Post
Old 07-09-09, 07:05 PM   #80
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
I am not sure about going from the German side to the US side with stuff. But what I did with the Japanese subs (which are German) is make a new Senzori.dat, .sim etc for the stuff we added such as snorkel, radars and scope and put it into the library/Gersubparts. The game loaded the new files with no problem.

Don't forget the stuff in the sensor files is also in the UPCDATA. (Upgradepacks.upc, Equipment.upc) and of course also in the subs upc files. (you knew that).
And once you have them in the Equipment.upc, there is a line to link them the sensor.dat file. ExternalLinkName3D=
So to create new sensors and radars you just need a new name and new IDs and link the .dat,.sim etc and add to necessary .upc files.

Peabody
Thanks for the response! I got the new periscopes added but I'm having trouble looking through them now. Whenever I try to start a mission I get the following message "Camera Manager: When Loading Dummy_Cam_Periscope a camera of type 2 already exists." and the same for "Dummy_Cam_Obs_Periscope of type 27". I added 2 extra entries for my 2 new scopes in the Sensors_Sub_US.cam thinking that would fix the problem. I checked and double checked ID's and everything should be lined up correctly. Any ideas?

EDIT: I figured it all out now. Instead of trying to use only one Sub_Sensors_US file I took a page from the gun_radars book and added a _02 to the end of the file name. This preserves the original sub_sensors file and still allows for me to add my periscopes.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.

Last edited by ETR3(SS); 07-10-09 at 03:15 PM.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote