View Single Post
Old 05-23-09, 07:33 PM   #221
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
"Dammit Tarjak - you have never listened to me before now, you probably shouldn't start now either."

"All right, Whatever Roman.... was, he obviously wasn't human. Assuming whatever he was - is involved in the killing, then their has to be more than one of them - because AVSM also is dead, and his DNA checks out as human. That means there must be at least one more - if not many more, among us."

"Now my background isn't oceanic biology, but my grandfather who was a fisherman used to tell stories of what he called the "possessed" - and I always laughed those stories off as just that - stories. But now I wonder. He said they held a deadly hatred of airbreathers, because we could do things they couldnt. While they could walk on land and interact with humans, they could never drink anything but salt water from the sea. Even in his last years he always warned me that I should never trust a man who wouldn't drink in front of me...."

"Now, I can't say for sure that he wasn't spinning a seafaring yarn, but at this point I know for a fact there have been a few people here who have not taken a drink of ANYTHING, coffee/whiskey/bug juice or anything that I have seen on this boat. How many can say they saw Roman drink something here in the common bar? I can't."

"So I propose that each who wants to never get my vote for suspicion, right here and now, drink some bug juice, or coffee or whatever, in front of everyone. Anyone who refuses - scientifically would be the only ones who should be suspect. Its not perfect I will grant you, but given the situation... what is?"

*Walks over and pours another cup of bug juice - this time the red kind, and drains it. Then goes through all the other selections to make sure none are made with sea water. Throwing the now fouled cup into the trash bin, I glare at all the rest of you to prove your able to drink like a human.

Captain Haplo