View Single Post
Old 05-23-09, 05:34 PM   #225
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
You are given 1000 extra renown instead of the usual 500 for the loss of renown you will incur for firing on neutral shipping during this 'working up' period.

Your 2nd patrol will automatically commence on 24th August (don't dorget the 20 days in port setting if your using SH3 Commander).

BE ADVISED....when you fire on neutral shipping during your 1st patrol, all other nationalities being neutral will view you as an enemy for a 24 hour period.

GWX has removed all renown for travelling to and remaining in your assigned patrol grid for 24 hours. The renown for returning to base has never worked ingame, be it stock or any other version.
So,we actually get rewarded now for attacking neutral shipping,a bonus of 1000,I never knew that . Do you recommend I do this?,yet I would be seen as a ruthless renegade,something I dont see myself as,I think a valiant fight against a formidable opponent/odds is more to my taste.

A long time ago when I first started playing SHIII I could have swore people said there was a 500 bonus renown for returning to base,and others also said not so.I think since then I have been a bit confused about the actual calculation process of awarding renown.

Good idea about removing renown just for reaching your patrol sector,I mean it doesnt exactly make someone famous or infamous just to reach a grid square,unlike Prien when he managed to penetrate Scapa Flow,he should have been awarded 1 000 000 renown for pulling that stunt off!

Thanks
Paul Riley is offline   Reply With Quote