View Single Post
Old 05-15-09, 03:41 AM   #190
Nerazzurri
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Erm, re the bold text, you may like to read the User Guide again; it does not state this at all. It states that "randomisation occurs every time you launch a career using SH3 Commander, but not when your career is mid-patrol."
Yes, I'm aware of that now. I misunderstood/misread the text; where it says 'launch', at the time, I interpreted that as 'start' - hence why I wasn't grasping something simple

Quote:
Now, SH3Cmdr assumes--because it has no way of knowing otherwise--that if you use it to launch SH3 that you want to play a patrol (kinda pointless otherwise). Thus it performs the retirement calculation when the "Launch SH3!" button is pressed (but again, for obvious reasons, not if you are mid-patrol). It performs the calculation based on the patrol that you are on, and the number of days that you've spent at sea so far. If the result falls within a pre-determined range AND the associated number equals the random number generated by SH3Cmdr, you are retired. This is obviously not something you want to occur if you only plan on loading your career to look at the pretty screens, manually replace crew, or whatnot, hence the "tinkering" statement.
Yep. Thanks mate.