View Single Post
Old 05-10-09, 07:22 AM   #80
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Continued from my last report (last 4hrs real time).Just one thing,hope none of you mind these little (seemingly insignificant) reports,just gives me something to do before I go for a tea break

13:10
Surfaced from last emergency dive (+1hr submerged) Decided to recharge batteries at night,allowing us to run at a higher speed during the day,also enemy planes have rarely been seen at night,bringing us to the conclusion that enemy radar is not yet powerful enough to be a major problem.
17:00
Sundown,sun just dipping on the horizon,putting us in a cautious state,due to aircraft sometimes appearing a lot nearer in these light conditions,as has happened once or twice before.
17:09
Aircraft spotted on our 190 (+5hrs since last aircraft attack,strange).Immediately crash dived to 50m.Absence of any follow up attack means he either failed to spot us or it must have been a Luftwaffe reconnaissance plane?.
Distance travelled surfaced - 71km
Will try our chances on the surface tonight.
18:13
Surfaced,recharging.
18:30
Dark now,very clear night,wind 5.
Lets hope we make it tonight,hope to make as much ground as possible on the surface.
End of report.
.................................................. .................................................. .................

Regarding these last events,the aircraft spotted earlier failed to attack us,and as we are heading bang west about 250km from France it was spotted on my 190,meaning it had to be over the French mainland somewhere.Am I right in suspecting this was a Luftwaffe plane?,as it would be my first close encounter with the LW,having never seen them before.
Paul Riley is offline   Reply With Quote