View Single Post
Old 05-07-09, 12:38 PM   #15
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

EDIT:

OK, here's an idea. The next release could have two database versions. The standard database has a playable 877 class and a new nonplayable 877-mod class consisting of the Alrosa. We throw in a special database that changes the playable 877 class to the 877-mod class, and create a nonplayable 877 class. You use the special database if and only if you're going to load a mission where someone plays as the Alrosa and there are no other playable 877s around. (Note that this special database will not be compatible with missions made with 877 Kilos other than the Alrosa).

I was thinking for a moment that this wouldn't work because you'd need to swap models, but really, you just need to change the model referenced in the database, and that's easy.

Come to think of it, this concept sounds familiar. I wonder... is this how SCU worked? Well, if it is, I'm not going to care in this instance. As far as I'm concerned, we are fixing an existing playable because the Alrosa has been in the stock database since the day DW was released, it just had the wrong model and spec's.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 05-07-09 at 01:09 PM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote