View Single Post
Old 04-16-09, 01:26 AM   #99
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Maybe after your nap you can explain a bit more how you tried it. And what you thought went wrong.

Did you perform the range/AOBfinder-steps again and again for each target? There's no need to. The only things that are different in the shooting process for each ship in the convoy is range, and torpedo depth. Once you have set the AOB for one ship (assuming it is accurate enough), and tdc panel is closed, AOB is synchronised to the persicope bearingchange at all times. So it's only a matter of pointing the scope from now on. Even if you are looking aft. All ships move at the same speed, so that dial can be left alone aswell once set. Only range depends on the position in the rows and columns of the convoy, and ofcourse the time of shooting. But with certain attack setups it's influence can be eliminated or minimised.

Probably the trickiest thing is to get all torpedos to hit at the exact same time. Or the targets that are to be hit a bit later get more time to accellerate/avoid the torpedo, once they realize they are under attack.
Good morning

Coffee coffee coffee!

So yesterday I tried to attack convoy the way you're said. Did calculations on one ship and started to fire at him and the rest of convoy. So I hit that ship on which I was making calculations but it was the only I hit

Do I need to recalculate range and set for every other ship individually ?

So I rewatched OLCU_Convoy_Attack_March41.avi and noticed that he measures range for every ship he's going to attack and before enterind range data to TDC he unlocks the target on the scope. I was not doing that so I think here is my problem ?

Last edited by Contact; 04-16-09 at 03:00 AM.