View Single Post
Old 04-09-09, 10:00 PM   #154
Deep_Nukem
Mate

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Sigma View Post
Hang on. On which platform, and with which missiles, were you able to accomplish a nuclear strike? I seem to remember them being modeled as demo-only. (At best in practice, test missiles)

That would a negatory cap-com..........Oscar II is fully nuclear capable...as per the Weapons_doc in the "Manual" folder......under "missles"........just browse thru the missles quickly. There's one called the SHIPWRECK missle. You can even program it to take out whatever you want priority to be as in carrier first......then destroyer and so on if a group of ships exists. This nice in functionality, but in theory I don't think it's so needable. I mean, if there's a convoy of ships and you hit JUST ONE, ANY OF THEM,.......with a nuke...they're all gone...right?
Right!

There is another and that is a missle similar to the regular missles of the akula, where you fire it at your submerged target, the torp comes off the missle, goes active, and as I found out.......it really doesn't have to even get very close to the target, it just accquires the contact, and goes BOOM.......contact dead. Yes, it is nuclear too. I don't recall right now what that one is, but it is all under missles category, and this last example perhaps under the torpedo category.