Thread: Type IX/D2
View Single Post
Old 04-09-09, 03:27 AM   #56
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
The Russians would have attacked them and they would have lost. If Stalin was willing to take over eastern Europe at such great cost as he had to pay, don't you think he would have picked it up for free if he could?
Actually if Hitler had simply built up his Army and waited until Stalin decided to invade Poland or eastern Europe himself, it is highly possible that Britain would have supported Hitler against Stalin. Such ironies are in life...

But despite the usual thought that Russia itself was preparing to make his own expansion in Europe, and that Stalin was going to invade it, from many books I have readed I would say that this was actually a very remote possibility. Russia was still recovering from their internal revolution, and the recent small war against japan had proved many wrong concepts in their army. No, I don't think that they would have done anything else except may be trying to recover Finland and other territories that had historically been under the power of the tsarist Russia. But taking on Germany (Specially such an armed and aggressive one as Hitler's was), certainly not IMO because Stalin was a far better strategist than Hitler and he knew that Britain would probably support Germany and use it as a efficient tool to indirectly confront Russia and stop their expansion. Historically, Russia and Britain had already been about to go to war recently (And they had been at war in the past, think f.e. about the Crimea war) because of the will of the Tsars to continue expanding his empire towards the Middle East and India.

Oh, but we were talking about the IX U-Boat did we??