View Single Post
Old 03-31-09, 11:06 AM   #6
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Didn't have so many troubles on the first attack run, in fact, if I recall correctly, I was the only one that didn't get splattered by Archie
Knocked out a couple of planes on the ground and strafed that transfer station thingie, then RTB'd out of ammo as Red Max came in on his second run. Flipped on landing rather than go into the trees. (we need a bigger airfield, Biggin Hill perhaps?).
Second group take-off involved Hunter going into the trees and me following him, well, I survived the trees, clipped the ground, caught fire and bailed out, faceplanting the ground while my plane exploded into little pieces. It was quite funny to watch, hope someone got some footage
After that, we tried again, and I pulled up just a little sharp whilst taking off and spun to the left and into the ground. The Tempest sure has a pull on her, she drags to the right something cronic on take-off and if you don't watch out once you're in the air, she'll spin out. You can only really relax your hands once you're above 500m and 400kph. We're not flying Hurricanes anymore!
So, we formed up and made our way back to take out the rest of the Archie, I got one on the first pass and was doing a lovely climb and bank around to nail a second which I spotted opening up (I was impressed at this point at the Tempests maneuverability, if I had tried that in a Hurricane or perhaps even a Spit, I would have probably stalled and spun into the ground) when he got a lucky shot on my rudder controls, so I shot what I could at him rocket wise but I think Hunter nailed him, after that I RTB'd into the trees.
Next time I go to Lympne, I'm taking a chainsaw...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote