Thread: Vista fun
View Single Post
Old 03-18-09, 06:35 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Migrating from Win98 to XP was easy, means handling and running it, of course in the beginning there were many technical problems - but not as many as with Vista, in no way as many. Considering to move from XP to Vista, is a bad dream for me. Vista simply is too unreliable. However, I see it from a different perspective: that of my parents for whom I have prepared the notebook, which had vista preinstalled and plenty of more "good stuff" - I spend all day long with deleting, and then defragmentising - and all that with a much slower technology than my desktop system - no fun. Ergonomy-wise, Vista is shabby and confusing. the new design I rate as "esoteric" at best, and my father who was here this late afternoon and doesnot know much about computers, found Vista much more confusing and disorientating than XP which I had shown to him last month. And I confirm Vista is very unstable, compared to XP. I had more freezes and hanging-ups giving me the opportunity to reboot in just two days, then XP has ever given me since the day I got it, until the day SP1 came out for XP.

Just that SP1 for XP came after much shorter time than Vista is out now - including Vista SP1.

And the number of background tasks and services is hilarious, absolutely hilarious.

I think my parents will curse me for not having talked it out of their heads. Although I certainly did not encourage them.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-18-09 at 07:51 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote