Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton88
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01
[...
I made the depth gauge seen in the above pictures as well as a couple dials taken from real IJN sub instruments sold on ebay last month. My problem is the dials don't show up ingame (dials1.dds) so until I find which ones are used on the german boats, it's no use changing them.

keltos
Have you seen the movie "Loreiel - the Witch of the Pacific" ? Some of the dials and equipment on that japanese boat is German, just like on uboats. That Submarine itself, is I-507.. the 500 class, larger then anything built before, and with 2 huge canons on the foredeck.. I wonder if this was a Japanese secret project for an even larger boat then the I400 class.
That movie is worth watching. (unfortunately its in japanese, and I have the danish, swedish, and norwegian subtitles.. anything but english :p )
As i have stated somewhere else :

It is the french submarine Surcouf - a cruiser type submarine - wishfully taken over by the german - hence the dials - and give to the japanese at the end of the war with a special weapon to prevent a third atomic bomb of being launched against the Empire of Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surcouf_(N_N_3)

I have the movie : bought it at a gas station for 9.99 euros.

keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 02-10-09 at 03:09 AM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote