View Single Post
Old 01-01-09, 03:11 AM   #3
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

You have no idea... I didn't even get into the details.. Even if someone showed me the black air filters I would tossed them out... I'm not opening her in a long time.

I've monitored her temp and its stable..

system temp is about 36 to 54 C

4 CPU's each about 40ish

GPU 30 resting and 60ish working.

Front and back panels show 34 C

Fans shows the same.

HDD fan RPM and Case fans plus CPU fans are working abit harder now with the filters in the way. Plus to get access to the GeForce GTX 280 is boxed up like a fridge. Its an uber vid card man... I've never seen a video card so massive.

But no dust, cat hair, Cigarettes fumes, Pollen or bugs are not making a home in my rig. Squeeky clean system. My Persian cats sheds alot of hair and cleaning her mess is a pain. But my wife wanted her so I'm stuck with a mop running in my house..:rotfl:

Air is bad where I live and somehow the fine dust always get into my house. City polution.

I don't put it under my desk either I have on my desk. My cat has a habit of playing with the wires so I have to rig my house with cables not touching the floor.

Will the filters collect dust and block? I have proper cleaning electronic kit from Miele micro set for my vac. For tight spots I use air duster cans.

Longam I know its a hell of alot of work to clean this system because of all them heat sinks and fans and hard to reach areas. But in the end air filters are the way to go.

I can't figure why they don't do that as a norm? 7 years ago I used to be in distribution for computers etc. I knew a company that would build a air tight case for computers that would be in hazardous environment where metal dust, etc would cause havoc on PC hardware.

Their work was too expensive for the average home user. But their principle could be used to help home users protect their rigs from dust or some such..

I can't have my rig die on me in a year or two... worst part is most of the dell components are made in china. Even though this is a upper end dell pc its still uses cheap components.

I can't take that chance because I loose almost 3 grand.

Regardless of my personal experience I wasn't trying to be negative. I'm trying to suggest that people should protect their rigs better even if the job is a pain in the rearend.

Last edited by Wolfehunter; 01-01-09 at 03:12 AM.
Wolfehunter is offline   Reply With Quote