polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSovhan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhugill
Hey capt , what kinda values did you change for the damage model? Did you alter the zone.cfg at all? Also i found with my yamato that when i tried to put 3 different zones for the guns if one gun got damaged they all did
for all new damage medel I have changed the values in the three files, .zon and zone.cfg, and .upc file.
I think, it need new structures at COMPARTMENTS STRUCTUREs in the .upc file for each guns .
If the guns are in the same Compartment then they'd have been damaged as like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
I have no problem with you using the deck gun, but it would be nice if you had asked first. So go ahead and use it. My Christmas gift to you. And I will delete the other comments.
Merry Christmas to you too!!
Thank you, peabody. IOU.
CaptSovhan - I am trying to work out how to do the damage modelling - I've downloaded quite a few surface ship mods and am trying to work out how to get the damage modelling working and repairable. From your reply above you say you modified the .zon .upc and zone.cfg files ? I presume you mean zones.cfg in \data\ ? If so then I am a little curious as the download for the North Carolian did not have a modified zones.cfg ??

I am keen to learn what the required links are between the .zon file and zones.cfg and upc. For example in the .zon file under node 8, box 1 is type 113. Does this equate to zone 113 in zones.cfg ? And if so, how does this relate to what's in the UPC file ? And what makes the right compartment take damage and be repairable ?

Do you have to use a 3D editor to look at the location of the boxes in the .ZON file to see which ship part each box should relate to if it receives a hit ?

Any help much appreciated ... am just struggling to work out how this area works. TIA.
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote