Old 12-19-08, 11:25 PM   #51
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
I don't know how Tomi feels.
But I can tell you from past experiences.
When something is given' to 'The Community"
Your name is quickly stripped out of the whole thing.
And Glory Hunters move fast!
Privateer,
It is disheartening that GWX still think and operate this way.

I am certain that NYGM, GWX, Insert Lots of Other Modder names Here would all feel justified in belting out a rendition of the 'Somebody did somebody wrong song' with feeling... Surely at some time this must become history?

I had hoped that GWX, like myself, NYGM, RFB, Trigger Maru, S3D, Insert Lots of Other Modder names Here would have recognised the benefits and followed the example of the open moding as is being done by those who participate at the Submarine Sim Central forums. Where we mod publicly so as to share our knowledge so that other moders other than ourselves can not only know what is being done by how and why.

It is the view of myself, NYGM, RFB, Trigger Maru, S3D and the other modders at the Submarine Sim Central forums and I am certain here that by sharing information with the community it allows new and potential moders to contribute and that the more minds we can bring to the table the more that can be acheived either by the shear number of projects and/or from people takling the same issue from a different angle.

GWX must be able to recognise that open moding helps the community produce more mods and hopefully better mods and that by with holding knowledge, tools and failing to share GWX are dis-empowering the moding community.

I am sure that GWX have benefited by the openness at the Submarine Sim Central forums.

One need not look any futher than how much has been achieved by S3D because of the hard work and generosity of skwas.

It saddens me to read that you hold "The Community" as you put it, in such contempt and have only thrown a flimsy veil over the accusation that the "The Community" is nothing more than a bunch of thieving bastards and glory hunters.
Der Teddy Bar is offline   Reply With Quote