View Single Post
Old 12-11-08, 12:44 PM   #9
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Hi Jaeger,

Don't be scared of adding mods. The JSGME makes it very simple indeed. Do what I outline below, and you'll be adding and removing mods with ease.

1. Download JSGME into the SH4 root Directory.
http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

2. Run JSGME.exe

3. Close JSGME.

4. Right click on the JSGME icon and select 'Create Desktop shortcut'. Right click on the 'Mods' folder created by JSGME and also create a Desktop shortcut for it.

5. Create a folder on your Desktop to download your mods to. Mine is simply called 'mods downloads'.

5. Download your chosen mod to that new folder.

6. Unzip your selected mod and use the 'Extract Here' option.

7. Once the new mod folder (yellow folder) is created, drag and drop it into your 'Mods' folder.

8. Click on your Desktop JSGME icon.

9. On the left side of the JSGME screen you will see any mod or mods you have placed in the Mods folder.

10. Select a Mod on the left hand side of JSGME and click the arrow and move the mod to the right side of the JSGME screen. JSGME will now install it. It may take a minute or so.
11. Close JSGME

12. Start Silent Hunter 4 and your selected mod will be active in the game.

Every time you activate a mod, JSGME backs up and protects the original SH4 files you're modifying. If you don't like a mod then simply move it back to the left side of the screen and JSGME will uninstall it and put the original files back where they were.

It's that simple.

I've downloaded, extracted, dragged and dropped and installed mods in under a minute. You can too

Last edited by TDK1044; 12-11-08 at 12:47 PM.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote