SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Possible Bug When Trying To Save Realism Settings? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240908)

Dale1957 04-27-19 06:43 PM

Possible Bug When Trying To Save Realism Settings?

every time I change the realism to a harder setting and click save,I check afew minutes later it's back to easy. is there a bug?:k_confused:

cdrsubron7 04-27-19 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale1957 (Post 2606160)
every time I change the realism to a harder setting and click save,I check afew minutes later it's back to easy. is there a bug?:k_confused:

I'm going to assume that you talking about the realism settings in SH4? You have two options, if you are playing single missions or war patrols you can set the realism from the Main Menu. If you are trying to play in Career Mode you have to set the realism from the clock on the screen to the left of the officer's desk while your in the office before you start your patrols.

Dale1957 04-27-19 06:59 PM

oh,didn't know that,thanks.:Kaleun_Salute: yes,was trying to save in career mode.

CapnScurvy 04-28-19 08:33 AM

There are actually three "Realism" settings in the game!

The First is in the "Main Menu" screen under "Options". This setting is used for general play, like using Multiplay.

The Second is in the SingleMissions or PartolMissions side of things, found along the bottom of the menu screen under the "Realism" heading.

The Third is when you're playing a Career game. As cdrsubron7 points out, when you're in the Captain's Office the "Options" menu is found by moussing over the Radio on the left hand bookshelf.

And YES...….that's C_R_A_Z_Y!!! Thanks Ubisoft!

Sniper297 04-28-19 01:28 PM

You can also customize it, select "hard" and you get;

[Hard]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true
RealisticRepairTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=true
NoMapUpdate=false
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=false
NoStabilizeView=false
MPShowPlayerNames=true
MPShowTorpedoes=true

It's not actually the radio, it's a book on the left side shelf that slides out, but you can set hard then change the dud torpedoes and manual targeting (or whatever) to false. Save the game after leaving port on a new patrol the settings are locked, only way to change is in the office between patrols.

BTW, those settings are in \Data\Cfg\GameplaySettings.cfg, which is a text file that can be edited with notepad. I have mine customized so I can just select "HARD" and get my preferred settings without having to tinker with it every time.