SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Original CD with steam expansion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238110)

Demon of Elru 07-18-18 03:46 PM

Original CD with steam expansion

I still own the original CD and manuals which is awesome btw! I never did get the U Boat expansion and was wondering if I could just get the steam version of the expansion and use it with my CD? Or do I need steam versions of both?

propbeanie 07-18-18 04:21 PM

Steam goes with Steam only. You want to use Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat add on - Download (embedded US shopping link, benefits SubSim). I was going to link you to the US Ubisoft store, but they no longer sell it. It's probably available elsewhere though. The Gold Edition will "go on sale" at Amazon, usually coinciding with a Steam special... :salute:

Almost forgot my manners: Welcome to SubSim! :subsim:

cdrsubron7 07-18-18 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon of Elru (Post 2561824)
I still own the original CD and manuals which is awesome btw! I never did get the U Boat expansion and was wondering if I could just get the steam version of the expansion and use it with my CD? Or do I need steam versions of both?

Welcome aboard, Demon of Elru. Happy to have you with us. :salute:

I just a quick look on Steam and did not see the UBM listed for download. However, you can find the UBM on Amazon here for S10. Just my opinion, but this would be a better choice. Your choice, of course.

cdrsubron7 07-18-18 04:25 PM

Dang it, PB. You beat me again. :yep: :har:

propbeanie 07-18-18 04:35 PM

:O: Smack smack smack smack smack - you slow old man you... Of course, I had to edit my link... :roll: :arrgh!:

Demon of Elru 07-18-18 04:59 PM

Hey everyone thanks for the welcome! Im a total noob at this game and am currently evading active sonar lol. I just figured I should get the expansion even if for the 1.5 patch. Thanks again everyone.

cdrsubron7 07-18-18 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon of Elru (Post 2561843)
Hey everyone thanks for the welcome! Im a total noob at this game and am currently evading active sonar lol. I just figured I should get the expansion even if for the 1.5 patch. Thanks again everyone.

Getting the v1.5 version is a good idea because most all mods that come out or have been made work with only v1.5 and nothing earlier. :D :up:

cdrsubron7 07-18-18 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2561834)
:O: Smack smack smack smack smack - you slow old man you... Of course, I had to edit my link... :roll: :arrgh!:

Gettin slower by the day, partner. :haha: :yeah:

jimmbbo 07-18-18 10:15 PM

What is the difference between the SH4 UBoat add-on and SH5? :hmmm:

TIA!

propbeanie 07-18-18 10:34 PM

Besides an "updated" User Interface, SH5 is ATO-based, and in most opinions needs extensive modding to make it playable. SH4, even the U-Boat side, is PTO-based, unless heavily modded, as in Operation Monsun from lurker_hlb3, or as in Knights of the Sea Depths II, currently in development.

Now, if you ignore the U-Boats in SH4, the US Fleetboat side is an enjoyable gaming experience, even in stock trim with v1.4, but if you have the v1.5 Uboat Missions Add-on applied, it's even better... :salute:

Aktungbby 07-19-18 01:40 AM

Welcome aboard!

Demon of Elru! :Kaleun_Salute: