SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Seal Team insertion in Narvik? Impossible (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231818)

Check Six 06-14-17 03:11 AM

Seal Team insertion in Narvik? Impossible

So my career was going well. I had sunk 25 or more vessels, warships, submarines and merchants all over the map. I got reprimanded a few times because they gave me impossible missions that required me to return to Holy Loch, refit, and pick up a seal team and insert them on the other side of the world in a day or two. Idiot brass! Also orders to prevent a wolfpack from transiting to the "North Atlantic". Even patrolling a choke point that's a BIG AREA MATE.
But I persevered. Then I got a Seal Team Insertion mission in Narvik, closer to home. I picked them up, and made my way there. For the first time, I was actually on time and able to commence the mission. Have you seen Narvik Harbour? It is a long fjord type affair, with plenty of choke points not even 2 miles wide. And I have 4 weapons. And it is shallow. And it is patrolled by 5 AI ships. Shall I go on? Did I mention the helicopters dipping all over the place?
Why, oh why make the mission IMPOSSIBLE? If I could have, I would have pretended not to receive the orders, and cop a blast for not doing my duty. But that is a suicide mission. Totally impossible. I tried at least 10 times. Sometimes I was hopeful because the sound profile gave me a good thermocline to hide under, but no.
So, next time, do I simply refuse the mission? By the way, I am playing on "Normal" difficulty, not "Hard Core" or whatever the next highest level of insanity is called. What do I do?

YoYo 06-14-17 02:40 PM

Check 1.02 the changelog. It will improve this situation I think.

Cpt.JoshuaGoldwater 06-27-17 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Check Six (Post 2491180)
So my career was going well. I had sunk 25 or more vessels, warships, submarines and merchants all over the map. I got reprimanded a few times because they gave me impossible missions that required me to return to Holy Loch, refit, and pick up a seal team and insert them on the other side of the world in a day or two. Idiot brass! Also orders to prevent a wolfpack from transiting to the "North Atlantic". Even patrolling a choke point that's a BIG AREA MATE.
But I persevered. Then I got a Seal Team Insertion mission in Narvik, closer to home. I picked them up, and made my way there. For the first time, I was actually on time and able to commence the mission. Have you seen Narvik Harbour? It is a long fjord type affair, with plenty of choke points not even 2 miles wide. And I have 4 weapons. And it is shallow. And it is patrolled by 5 AI ships. Shall I go on? Did I mention the helicopters dipping all over the place?
Why, oh why make the mission IMPOSSIBLE? If I could have, I would have pretended not to receive the orders, and cop a blast for not doing my duty. But that is a suicide mission. Totally impossible. I tried at least 10 times. Sometimes I was hopeful because the sound profile gave me a good thermocline to hide under, but no.
So, next time, do I simply refuse the mission? By the way, I am playing on "Normal" difficulty, not "Hard Core" or whatever the next highest level of insanity is called. What do I do?

Don't forget the minefield..... I got bored trying to sail all the way so I did it flank with all my equipment out and they spotted me. I shocked the enemy sub more than it shocked me lol:Kaleun_Cheers: