SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [OM] Getting rid of the Karamazov Interface (KIUB) in the attack periscope screen (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=217575)

skidman 12-30-14 08:40 AM

[OM] Getting rid of the Karamazov Interface (KIUB) in the attack periscope screen

For those who do not like the KIUB, that comes with OMEGU here is how to replace it with the basic interface:

1) Install a fresh copy of SH4 (or deactivate all mods)

2) Activate the three basic mods for OM: OpsMonsun_V705, OMv705_to_V720, OMv720_Patch5

3) Copy these two files to a safe place:
SH4/Data/Menu/menu_1024_768
SH4/Data/Menu/cfg/Dials

4) Activate OMEGU: OMEGU_v300 and OMEGU_v300_Patch7

5) The two files listed in step 3 have been overwritten by the Generic Mod Enabler. Might be a good idea to backup them.

6) Replace the patched files with the copies you made in step 3.

7) Fire up SH4, start a new U-Boat career, go to the attack periscope: You should now have the stock interface.

Sink 'em all and a very happy new year...

Sailor Steve 12-30-14 12:56 PM

A good post. Often modders include other mods in with their own, and often the player wants the new mod but not the included ones. It would be nice if these "extras" were optional, but sometimes they are not.

Thanks for pointing this out and especially for showing us how to fix it. :rock:

nemo7 12-31-14 09:39 AM

Excellent post, kudos skidman. Happy new year y'all!:woot:

GlobalExplorer 01-03-15 03:28 AM

I would be very careful with removing parts of the mod, unless you fully understand what you're doing.
Especially since the suggested method of nullifying all changes in menu_1024_768 is messy. Are you sure KiuB is the only change to this file that's contained in OMEGU?

I also believe there is already a version of OMEGU without KiUB.

skidman 01-03-15 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer (Post 2274442)
I would be very careful with removing parts of the mod, unless you fully understand what you're doing.

I have very carefully tested the changes I made. In my current career I started in 39 (Typ II) and have made it to autumn 41 (Typ VII) using the stock periscope and targeting controls: No CTDs, proper torpedo solutions. Usually I hit what I'm aiming at. All components of the menus work as designed.

Quote:

Especially since the suggested method of nullifying all changes in menu_1024_768 is messy.
Before calling someone else's proposal messy I would test it and point out the problems it brings about. Have you done that? If so, please share your insights.

Quote:

Are you sure KiuB is the only change to this file that's contained in OMEGU?
Take a look at the files and see for yourself.

Quote:

Point us to it and I will happily download and test it.

BigWalleye 01-03-15 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer (Post 2274442)

There is a simple way to check: Compare the two files in WinMerge.

WinMerge is open source and can be downloaded for free.

germancrowd 01-10-15 04:54 PM

thanks skidman, exactly what I'm lookin for, cause i prefer also the stock version.... works fine without any CTD's

Jax von May 02-12-15 08:31 PM

THANKS!

That was driving me nuts. I was removing Karamazovs files all over the place (sorry, I'm a rookie and the impossibility of automatictargeting is a bit tooo much for me).

Well, thanks again
J.:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidman (Post 2273102)
For those who do not like the KIUB, that comes with OMEGU here is how to replace it with the basic interface:

1) Install a fresh copy of SH4 (or deactivate all mods)

2) Activate the three basic mods for OM: OpsMonsun_V705, OMv705_to_V720, OMv720_Patch5

3) Copy these two files to a safe place:
SH4/Data/Menu/menu_1024_768
SH4/Data/Menu/cfg/Dials

4) Activate OMEGU: OMEGU_v300 and OMEGU_v300_Patch7

5) The two files listed in step 3 have been overwritten by the Generic Mod Enabler. Might be a good idea to backup them.

6) Replace the patched files with the copies you made in step 3.

7) Fire up SH4, start a new U-Boat career, go to the attack periscope: You should now have the stock interface.

Sink 'em all and a very happy new year...

Jax von May 02-13-15 11:43 AM

... nah, had to reinstall all over again...

... there might be other reasons, but after 1 patrol it CTD, and no way to either reload or start a new campaign ... the crew does not appear anymore in the management panel...:/\\!!

besides the bloody TDC manual TS, is the omegu addon really important? graphically, can I simply add the _env (sub)mods, and Real ENv etc?

skidman 02-13-15 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax von May (Post 2287264)
... there might be other reasons, but after 1 patrol it CTD, and no way to either reload or start a new campaign ... the crew does not appear anymore in the management panel...:/\\!!

besides the bloody TDC manual TS, is the omegu addon really important? graphically, can I simply add the _env (sub)mods, and Real ENv etc?

When did the CTD happen (end of patrol, start of new patrol)? Which .dll caused it? Did you change your mod setup within the patrol?

If you can not start a new career, then something in your installation is really on the fritz. Which date and which flotilla did you choose as starting point?

Did you start with a fresh install before applying the changes?

Can you please post your list of mods.

One thing is for sure: The crew not showing up has nothing to do with the files that are changed to get rid of the KIUB.

Jax von May 02-20-15 01:48 PM

Hi Skidman, thanks for your reply.

CTD at end of patrol.
I dont know which .dll.
Didnt change mod setup during patrol, but may have been importing mods and setting up in parallel SH5. All this plus your point about the crew make me think I messed it up.

I started a new career and its good. Thanks mate.:Kaleun_Cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidman (Post 2287349)
When did the CTD happen (end of patrol, start of new patrol)? Which .dll caused it? Did you change your mod setup within the patrol?

If you can not start a new career, then something in your installation is really on the fritz. Which date and which flotilla did you choose as starting point?

Did you start with a fresh install before applying the changes?

Can you please post your list of mods.

One thing is for sure: The crew not showing up has nothing to do with the files that are changed to get rid of the KIUB.