SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   more realistic gramaphone help please (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208236)

simon.c 10-11-13 11:55 AM

more realistic gramaphone help please

Is there a way to pause the gramaphone when you go to the bridge as it works when you use the hydrophones,it would just be more realistic to just have the noise of the wind and sea when up top

hope you can help:up:

Fubar2Niner 10-11-13 01:49 PM

Interesting question mate :sunny:

Fubar2Niner

HW3 10-11-13 01:50 PM

The only way I know to pause the gramaphone is to stop it, then start it again when you want it again. It will start at the beginning of the track it was playing when it was stopped. That is the only way I know of.:hmmm:

badwolf 10-11-13 02:14 PM

You could put a stop gramophone in your Bridge shortcuts. Means restarting manually tho'.

simon.c 10-11-13 03:38 PM

But jump intro the hydrophone poss and it shuts down ,leave and there it is again .so i think it's poss,im gonna dig into this n try n find a way! when i say me i mean my son, he programs computers, me, i turn them on and use them as lamps!

but in the interim,if anyone finds a work around pleas get back:up:

flakmonkey 10-12-13 03:54 AM

I experimented with changing the gramophone to a 3d sound source a while back, thought it would have been a bit more immersive to have the gramophone music actually coming from the various speakers inside the sub.
Could never get it to work though, although this method could be worth investigating as the sound would diminish the further you were from the source, and would not be heard whilst on the bridge.
The ticking clock in the control room works in the same way, it just has a pretty small audible radius.

FleetAdmiral11 07-02-14 12:28 AM

gramaphone

Hello all Im having trouble with the gramophone mod I have it installed but it keeps playing the same song over and over again even when I try to switch tracks its driving my crew crazy. Ill garauntee immediate shore leave and maybe a promotion for any sailor who can help :03:

irish1958 07-02-14 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetAdmiral11 (Post 2221284)
Hello all Im having trouble with the gramophone mod I have it installed but it keeps playing the same song over and over again even when I try to switch tracks its driving my crew crazy. Ill garauntee immediate shore leave and maybe a promotion for any sailor who can help :03:

I suspect you have only one (valid) file in your gramophone folder.

Pisces 07-02-14 08:34 AM

The game also doesn't like different file formats mixed together. It should be all .mp3 or all .ogg

SquareSteelBar 07-02-14 11:12 AM

The gramophone works flawlessly only with .ogg files.

With .mp3 files the gramo tends to repeat always the same files.

FleetAdmiral11 09-20-14 02:20 PM

Thanks

Thanks all I finally figured it out I only had one mp3 file that was originally already in the gramaphone lol. Now is there a way to have the gramophone play songs according to the situation like say for instance and attack like the stock version does?? or is that done manually

FleetAdmiral11 09-20-14 02:35 PM

muss i denn

What about muss i denn? that's in mp3 if I remove that then I wont get the good das boot fairwell when I leave port

Sailor Steve 09-20-14 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetAdmiral11 (Post 2244959)
Thanks all I finally figured it out I only had one mp3 file that was originally already in the gramaphone lol. Now is there a way to have the gramophone play songs according to the situation like say for instance and attack like the stock version does?? or is that done manually

The background music is its own system, and meant to feel like the background in a movie. For this reason I never use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetAdmiral11 (Post 2244965)
What about muss i denn? that's in mp3 if I remove that then I wont get the good das boot fairwell when I leave port

The tunes the band plays on the dock also have nothing to do with the gramaphone.

If you have the hard drive space you might try this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2822

Along with 100 different loading screens you also get 25 different dockside songs for the band to play, and they are randomized.

Karl Heinrich 09-21-14 06:02 AM

Not very helpful, but this is what I use (this is from one of our "hotseat" games)

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...psf95b7ed9.jpg

Before this I used to use an external MP3 player, with a couple of cheap speakers. Not the most elegant solution, but it works. I'm sure more clever people than myself will work out a way to do it - other than stopping it completely.

FleetAdmiral11 09-27-14 01:51 PM

Thanks for the link but im trying to mod sh5 unless these sound mods work in sh5 also. I see that the documentation calls for sh3:shifty: